Established in 1946 as the Federal Power Bar Association, the Association generally was focused on those lawyers practicing energy regulatory law at the federal level. In 1977, the organization changed its name to the Federal Energy Bar Association to reflect the name change of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Today, the Energy Bar Association is an international, non-profit association of members active in all areas of energy law. It has approximately 2600 members, six formal chapters across the U.S. and an increasing number of members across the United States and Canada. Click here to learn more about the EBA.